Thursday, June 28, 2018

The Last Eight Months or So

Wow, I've really this blog slide.  After ten years of regularly keeping it up, it was having a family missionary that finally did me in.   Now she's back home again and my family keeps mentioning to me how much they miss having the blog as a family record, so I'm here to give it another go.  

Since I'm so far behind,  let me just start with a summary of the last several months.   And you'll probably notice at a glance, that it's been a pretty exciting and full several months, so there are at least a few things I need to expand on with separate blogposts before I get back to blogging about the present again.   Let's hope I can stay on top of it again!     

Okay, here's the summary....

November--We spent Thanksgiving in Utah

December--Glen found out that his position at work was being discontinued as of February.

I ended my year-long chocolate fast.

We made a goal to visit the temple every week until it closes in March.

January--Cami returned home from her mission on January 30.  

February--Cami spent most of the month of February at home.   She had her mission homecoming, Garrett came for a visit, they got unofficially engaged while he was here, then on February 27 she flew to Utah where he officially proposed.  

Glen's job ended and we had to adjust to him being at home all the time too.

March--Spring break to Savannah, Georgia.  And lots and lots of wedding planning.

April-- Cami and Garrett got married in the Salt Lake Temple on April 21.  Clearly this deserves a blogpost of its own, so stay tuned for more details and pictures coming soon.

Also, Spence moved to Utah to stay.

May--We took our long ago planned trip to visit Cami's mission to Southern France.

We realize that, because of a stupid glitch,  our health insurance has been cancelled.

Homeschool conference in Williamsburg.

June--We had Cami's reception here in Virginia.

YW camp for Ellie, Emma, and me (and Glen)!

Adam went to  scout camp

Glen and Adam head to high adventure.


I think I'll try and do a little post on each month.   Stay tuned for more.....

No comments:

google analytics