Monday, August 21, 2023

One Whole Year!

It's been one whole year since Adam started his mission!  In that year he's definitely had his ups and downs, but it's also clear to see, even from afar,  that he's learning and growing as he goes!  Here are a few stats from his mission:

Areas (5):
MTC
Beaverton
Boring/Damascus
Farmington
West Hills/Beaverton/Portland (bike area)

Companions (9)
Cramer
Crum
Dahl
Feltner
Gillett
Goff
Jensen
Stone
Thatcher

Mission Presidents (2)
:
Haymond
Botchway

Weekly Letters (51)
:
Just missed one week

Temple trips:
At least one per transfer

I love, love,  love being able to talk to him each week.   Of course he has his tough weeks thrown in there, but it seems like overall he is truly happy and I can feel his light shining through in the phone calls.    I am uplifted whenever I talk to him.   

I take screenshots of our calls most weeks and love having a record of these sacred times.   Cami served her mission before the communication changes, so I feel like I extra appreciates this change!  It's a gift to be able to hear his voice and see his face each week.   

Each week (except one), he writes a letter to share with family and friends.  I love the spiritual messages and challenges he shares with us in each letter.   I picked a message randomly (from February) to share with you here: 

"For my spiritual thought this week, I wanted to send some of the teachings of the prophet Lehi {from the Book of Mormon} in 2 Nephi 2:6-8. In these verses Lehi is teaching his children about Christ and what He will do for us! Lehi taught

"Wherefore, redemption cometh in and through the Holy Messiah; for he is full of grace and truth. Behold, he offereth himself a sacrifice for sin, to answer the ends of the law, unto all those who have a broken heart and a contrite spirit; and unto none else can the ends of the law be answered. Wherefore, how great the importance to make these things known unto the inhabitants of the earth, that they may know that there is no flesh that can dwell in the presence of God, save it be through the merits, and mercy, and grace of the Holy Messiah, who layeth down his life according to the flesh, and taketh it again by the power of the Spirit, that he may bring to pass the resurrection of the dead, being the first that should rise."

I love these verses and how simply they teach the necessity of Christ coming to earth for each one of us! It is only through Christ that we are able to truly obtain a remission of our sins and return to our Heavenly Father. Christ willingly offered Himself as a sacrifice so this would be possible! In order to accept the gift that He has so lovingly given, we must turn to him and exercise our faith in Him!

My invitation for you all this week is to pray about how you can access the power of Christ's atonement more in your life!"

Ahhhh, I love missionary emails and the spirit they exude!   Send me an email or text if you'd like a little sunshine to be added to your inbox each week too.    🌞

And now, here are a few pictures of him from over the last few months: 







I'll be honest, I miss him deeply and it's hard to think of not seeing him for an entire year more, but, having said that, I also couldn't be prouder of him.  He's doing EXACTLY what he should be doing right now and I love that he's giving his heart to a place and a people he previously didn't know.  

Hurray for missionaries everywhere serving, loving, teaching, and in general making this world a better place!  I'm proud that our son is one of them!  

PS  Want to know more about what missionaries for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints do?   This website sums it up well.  

*************************************************

No comments:

google analytics