Monday, December 21, 2020

Pre-Christmas 2020

A glimpse at our Christmas vacation through a letter to Emma dated 12/21/20:  

Hola!
We are soooooo out of routine here...I'm sorry I didn't remember to write your email last night.

Spencer changed his ticket and got here on Saturday, then Cami and Garrett arrived later that night too., so our house is full. C & G took over Adam's room, then we set up mattresses on Ellie's floor for Adam and Spence. Yes, that's as crowded as you can imagine and I don't think there's any floor space whatsoever. If you were here too, we would totally be using our bedroom floor for sleepover space too.

So far the boys have been playing lots of Magic and Ellie's trying to talk Cami into doing all the girly things. Face masks and nail painting have already happened. She talked EVERYONE into doing face masks (including Dad, Spencer, Adam, and Garrett), which was slightly comical. Sadly, some people washed theirs off before we got a picture of the whole group. It was pretty entertaining though.

We of course miss you like crazy! We are happy that you are doing what you're doing, but we definitely miss you. 

We are mostly done with shopping. Ellie is proving to be the hardest to buy for this year. Most everyone is just getting one big present they need and little else. Ellie didn't need the one big thing though and the list she provided us included several rather scanty items of clothing, $120 pair of leggings, and a lint roller. 

The kids had their friends over to make gingerbread houses right before all the out-of-towners arrived...

I'm sure you've been getting my package updates on Hangouts, and I'm sorry! The mail system is a mess and I'm frankly surprised that you got the other package when you did. I've been hearing report after report of packages that were sent in early December that STILL haven't reached their destinations. Sister L. sent a package to Katie (serving in the temple square mission) the same time I sent yours and hers still hasn't arrived. In other words, I am not super hopeful at this point that you'll get the second package with your actual Christmas presents in. There's definitely still a chance, but because it's still lingering here in Philadelphia three days later, I wouldn't hold my breath. Sorry your mom is a slacker and couldn't get things together any earlier. Most years sending a priority mail package 9 days before Christmas would be PLENTY of time to get there on time, but, you know, COVID. Everything is COVID's fault apparently.
 

I HOPE to finish up shopping for her today and running the errands we need to today and tomorrow, so we can relax a bit. I have some YW deliveries to make, we need to finish prepping for the 12 days deliveries, buy a couple neighbor gifts, and then enjoy. I imagine that eating way too much junk and not getting anywhere near enough sleep will continue for the duration.

The weather has stayed cold since the snowstorm, so it's kind of fun to have the snowy landscape as we approach Christmas. It definitely makes it *feel* more like Christmas.  It is supposed to get a little warmer this week, so it remains to be seen if we will officially have a white Christmas or not. In the meantime I am rather enjoying it...even if the snowstorm itself was a little underwhelming based on the hyperbolic forecasts of 12-20 inches. 

Well, I'm off for now. I look forward to our call later. Can't wait to hear how your musical number went. I was praying for you.

I LOVE AND MISS YOU!!!! Have an amazingly awesome week!
Love,
Mom 

No comments:

google analytics