Monday, December 28, 2020

Christmas 2020

Letter to Emma dated 12/28/20:



Hello Hermana!
How is post-Christmas life? I hope you're excited about whatever transfer day has in store for you and I look forward to hearing all about it.

What have we been up to?

Well, mostly eating way too much crap,

 playing Codenames (a game we got for Christmas), and watching movies. 

The boys are playing Magic nonstop and they even taught Dad how to play, so he'll likely be absorbed by it too. I worry a little about Adam and he playing a little too much of it when Christmas is over. 

Today we had a very delicious cheese tray for dinner and WOW! It was tasty (and beautiful thanks to Cami). I decided that I need to get myself a wooden cheese/cutting board one of these days..
 


Today, I decided to wear Ellie's hiking shoes on a little walk around the neighborhood. They're the same brand as the evil ones I swore off after the unfortunate incident in Utah, but different enough that I thought they'd be okay. They weren't. I had the exact same issue with them and fell....HARD! It was quite cold, so thankfully I was wearing a thick jacket and sweats, but I still busted myself up pretty good. My knee is bruised and scraped, but my elbow is a mess. It immediately started dripping blood and apparently is busted open quite deep. Both Cami and Garrett said it is something that is deep enough to be stitched. They also said that the fact that it was my elbow, where the skin is loose and scarring isn't really a big deal, that it didn't HAVE to be stitched. So I am avoiding it. I had Cami and Garrett clean me up good, cover it with lots of antibiotic ointment and wrap it up in gauze and such. In the meantime, I am in pain and quite adamant that I never touch a hiking boot ever again. Maybe a hiking shoe, but maybe just tennis shoes since I'm kind of scarred at this point.


So we watched Wonder Woman 1984 on Christmas night. It was stupid. I don't think a single person in our house enjoyed it. We watched Soul last night and that was a much better effort. You'll definitely need to watch that one when you get home.

I'm sure you saw the pictures on Hangouts, but we ended up going to Bethlehem last week. It was a cute little town and it was cool to see a glimpse of a place important to Dad's heritage there. Apparently they normally have quite a big Christmas market that's the coolest around. We missed it though... I'm not sure whether we were too late in the season or if just never happened this year because of COVID, but even without the big market, it was still quite a charming town to visit.


Tomorrow (Monday) is Cam and Garrett's last day with us, so we are trying to figure out how to spend it. We thought that we'd take them downtown, but they're not acting as enthused about that anymore, so we will see. I wouldn't be surprised if we just have another chill day at home. WE shall see!

Well, I hope you're having an awesome week! WE love you like crazy and are praying for you. Good luck with packing and such if you are getting transferred. 

Love, 
Mom 

PS  Here are some other random pictures from our Christmas...





Christmas breakfast...


One of many homecooked meals together....


Just chilling....


Dad, Cam, Garrett, and Adam ran a half-marathon at Valley Forge....


Christmas pajamas!!!!




No comments:

google analytics