Friday, September 3, 2021

Life Update--March 2021

WRITTEN MARCH 2021 

Okay, so I guess I'm struggling to get back to any sort of routine on here again.  I really like having the record for my family, but it feels overwhelming to always be playing catch-up, so I'll just keep randomly posting when I can.   

Here's a little update for each of us:   

Glen:  He's still between jobs, actively seeking to find whatever the "next right thing" is.  It's been fun to have him home.    The job search has heated up significantly the last few weeks and so has our stress level. 

Lara: I've been feeling a little restless lately and have been sewing masks to pass the time.  The project is meant to help Ellie earn money for her HEFY trip this summer, but it's definitely more my project than hers.  She certainly helps way more than she'd prefer to....but the bulk of it is done by me and I'm okay with that.   Having a project has been good for me and I like that Ellie feels like she is a part of earning money for her activity.  I am trying very hard to be patient as we wait to find out what's next for us.  It's looking less and less likely like we'll be staying here and I'm getting soooooo anxious/impatient to start figuring out the details...like what, when, where, etc.  


Spence:  He's been plugging away at a  telephone sales job.   After a frustrating summer of knocking doors and selling pest control in Texas and Nevada, he is happy to be able to experience success from the comfort of his own home.   He is enjoying the increased independence, but is not  excited to be booted from our insurance policy next month.   

Cami/Garrett:  They are deep in the throes of a busy semester.  Cami's taking a ton of credits and Garrett's taking his big board exams next week, so they are busy and a bit stressed.   

Emma:  is happily still serving as a missionary in the SL-West Mission.  She's still hoping that the Canadian border will open up eventually, but in the meantime she's happy and excited for her first local baptism.  

Adam: is plugging away at his senior year, writing a talk for stake conference....for the second time in his life.  Here's a link to his talk if you're interested in reading it.  

 He is also working at a local ice cream shop owned by a member of our ward and is really enjoying it.  The ice cream (and caramel apples) there are EXCELLENT and I highly recommend a stop anytime you're in the Philly area.  It's called Zwahlens and it is the sole cause of the 10-lbs I've gained during COVID.   

Ellie:  is helping me sew masks and is staying busy with homeschool.  She is also doing karate and gymnastics.  

Oh yeah, and she also had her Sweet 16 birthday with a gluten free cake ordered from the Milk Bar!

Other Happenings:  

1.  AnnaLisa came to visit


2. Our favorite neighbor kids from down the street came to visit regularly. 

3.  We took a super spontaneous spring break trip to  NYC, Boston, and Martha's Vineyard (covered in April's blogpost).  NYC and Martha's Vineyard were awesome, but we were a little disappointed in Boston.  It's normally one of our favorite cities, but everything was still closed and we didn't get to see much.  They were also having a public restroom crisis (as in any and all public restrooms were closed) and it made me very grumpy.    I'm so happy that other people's bladders went on hold during COVID, but mine didn't.  😖





  
















2007

2021








No comments:

google analytics