Sunday, September 26, 2021

The Most Boring Letter in the Universe {Written to our Missionary}

9/26/21

Hola Girlie Girl {aka my favorite missionary in the universe}!

How's life? Guess what?! I'm actually starting this email before 9pm, which means that you can be prepared for the most amazing, profound, awesomely awesome email ever. Or perhaps just the normal random boringness.

😀😁😂😃😄😌😒😑😐😏😛😝😞😠😘

Keep reading and I guess you'll find out which one wins.

So, I taught the RS lesson today. It was fine. It wasn't the most amazing lesson I've ever taught and it wasn't the worst. We were discussing Elder Christofferson's, "Why the Covenant Path," and I was pleased that we did get a good discussion going. I appreciate lessons with good discussions, so that was a positive. Also, no one threw tomatoes at me, so that was also a plus.

The two main concepts I wanted to emphasize in my lesson were:
1. Following the covenant path is a personal journey that has to do with our relationship with Christ. We can't force others to follow or accompany us on the covenant path
2. Perfection is not only not necessary, but can be a hindrance to our following the covenant path. Remember ME + CHRIST = MORE (not ME + MORE = ANYTHING). We can never be enough MORE, without Christ.

“Brothers and sisters, every one of us aspires to a more Christlike life than we often succeed in living. If we admit that honestly and are trying to improve, we are not hypocrites; we are human. May we refuse to let our own mortal follies, and the inevitable shortcomings of even the best men and women around us, make us cynical about the truths of the gospel, the truthfulness of the Church, our hope for our future, or the possibility of godliness. If we persevere, then somewhere in eternity our refinement will be finished and complete—which is the New Testament meaning of perfection.” Jeffrey R. Holland

Ellie also taught today. She taught her YW class about the keys of the priesthood. There was a big miscommunication about who was supposed to teach, so one leader {who was out of town} asked Ellie to teach and another leader, unbeknownst to the first leader, asked another girl to teach. Thankfully "other" girl flaked out and the "other" leader {who was in town} was pleasantly surprised that Ellie had a lesson prepared. I hear it was the most amazing lesson ever taught.

So, are you feeling ready for General Conference this week? Adam is having a bunch of friends over to watch in our theater room. Apparently good food is expected too. Next conference, you can invite a bunch of friends over too. Don't worry though, we'll only let dad run the skunk machine and tell embarrassing dad jokes between sessions. 😆

WOOHOO!!!! We are getting super excited that it's not seeming all that far away that you'll be here for us to hug and kiss and embarrass you every chance we can get. I am planning on wearing a sequined dinosaur ballet outfit when we pick you up from your mission. Probably right from the mission home, right? I'll be brushing up on my opera singing too.

What else is going on here in Alpine? My dad's surgery on his bladder has been canceled due to COVID--not that any of us have COVID, but that the hospital is canceling all non-urgent surgeries because there are too many COVID cases. Apparently my Dad's bladder issues are considered unimportant {although my mom would beg to differ} and he gets to suffer with bladder drama for an additional couple months...at least. Also, I forgot if I mentioned it, but his lymphoma diagnosis was as good as it could be, in that it's considered slow-moving and not aggressive. So basically, if you're going to get lymphoma, it's the type to get.

Your dad is having his colonoscopy on Wednesday. He's about as excited about his as I was about mine. yay

Okay, okay. Are you sleeping yet? I guess I need to step up my game here in the pre-9:00 email department (despite the fact that it's now 10:00pm exactly) and get some amazing profundity spewing out of the internet your way.

Raspberries grow in our backyard. They're freaking amazing and I love them almost as much as being done with colonoscopies for the next 10 years.



Here is a random picture of your brother, sister, and dog-sister. They miss you.




Your Uncle Nate came to visit for 2 weeks and I was shocked to discover that he's still taller than me. He's also still 13 months younger than me. What's he up to these days? He's living in an income tax free state (Tennessee) and is eagerly planning a trip to country #76. $100 billion if you can guess where he wants to go next? {Hint: He doesn't like when siblings beat him to countries}



It's your sister and her hubby bubby. They're cute and I can't wait to meet their cute baby. You're cute too and will have cute babies, but I can wait to meet them until you're home from your mission and married.




I broke a blood vessel in my eye (how? I have no earthly idea) and I look like a freakazoid. It looks bad but apparently it's no big deal at all {according to Doctor Google and Doctor Cami}. Thankfully it doesn't hurt a bit, though I do make small children and sensitive adults cry.


I decorated for Halloween and I think it looks amazing.



 There used to be another pine cone here, but Kiwi ate it. Literally.



This meme made me giggle. hard. And I don't even like cats.



Hmmmm...here's a random picture from the photo roll. Don't know her name or anything about her (so she could be a nun from Nebraska for all I know)....but she's cute and chilling with Adam long enough to take a picture with him, so here you go....


We went on an awesome hike on Saturday. It was in Kaysville/Layton and it was absolutely lovely. The leaves were just starting to turn and it was just the kind of challenge level I like--hard, but not knock-your-socks-off-hard. It was called Adam's Falls and we didn't see Adam the entire time, nor did we hear of any random falls he had, so that was kind of a bust.





We sang, "There is Sunshine in My Soul," today in sacrament meeting and we all sang it at the top of our lungs...opera style. It was amazing. And AnnaLisa heard us from my parents' house and started crying. She threatened to disown us and to spike all our cookies with gluten forevermore, but we set her up on a date with David Archuleta and all is forgiven.



I am 1000% enraptured by the view coming down from our Horsetail Falls hike. We hike up to the trailhead from our house (exactly 2 miles). It's all uphill on the way there and all downhill on the way home. In a few months, you can join us for it, though the wildflowers will likely be covered with 12 feet of snow by then!

Alright....I guess this email wasn't that great.



Sorry for being super boring again. Maybe next time I'll try and throw in a few more interesting tidbits.

In the meantime,

WE FREAKING LOVE YOUR GUTS!!!!!!


Have an awesome week!
Love,
Your very boring mother

1 comment:

annalisa said...

Thanks for the laugh this evening! 😂

google analytics