Friday, March 25, 2022

We Love Lucie!

I started this blog back in 2007, which means I've been keeping this up for  FIFTEEN YEARS now!   Wow, that seems like a long time.  I haven't been that great at it over the last few years, but, whenever I think about giving it up altogether, I remember what a treasure this photo-journal has been for our family.  My kids will still go back and look up stories they kind of remember, so they can refresh their memories.   I will use it when I write talks and sometimes I just like to reminisce back on simpler times when the kids were young.   Now 4 of the 5 kids are high school graduates and off having their own adventures, which weirdly don't usually include me. 😂😂 With a much emptier house and kids that do way less cute things I want to document, sometimes I don't feel like I have that much to write about.  Then I remember something....  

Now I am a grandma!   

Sweet Lucie is 3-1/2 months old now and I've decided that this blog needs waaaaaaaaaaay more pictures of her, so this post is an effort to get that started! 

Lucie still lives in Austin, so we don't get to see as much of her as we'd prefer, but Cami is good at sending pictures our way.  This post is a mix of shots that I've saved from our family group text and ones I took when I visited in person last month.   

She is getting so smiley and interactive now. 😍

 Most of Cami's pictures are taken in the "live" mode, so sometimes I'll watch them again and again and again to watch her in action and feel more connected to her. 

I visited Austin in mid-February to help them with childcare while they finish school.

I really, really enjoyed the opportunity to spend some one-on-one time with Lucie...

And I had fun pulling out old outfits my kids had worn when they were babies and trying them on Lucie. I don't know where any pictures of my kids wearing these plaid overalls are, but I have very sweet memories in my head of them wearing them! 


This picture of Cami (on the left) was in her baby book, so that was an easy find.  

We did lots of snuggling...

...as much snuggling as possible! 

And we played lots too, so I could eat up that sweet smile...

This girl is so loved...

And I can't wait for my next visit....


In the spirit of this being a photo-journal of our lives, here are a few tidbits about Lucie, so we don't forget: 

1.  She is a good eater and is quickly growing chunkier by the day
2. Her body doesn't seem to like it when Cami eats dairy products, so she's cut them out of her diet completely while she's breastfeeding
3. Cami and Garrett are back to school this semester.  This is Garrett's final semester of med school, so his schedule is very light.  Cami has one more semester after this, so she's been very busy. 
4. She is a great sleeper--waking up just a couple times a night to eat, then going back to sleep.  I hardly ever noticed her in the middle of the night, even when sleeping in the next room.
5. She is just barely beginning to figure out how to use her hands.  She swats at things and loves to suck on her fist.
6.  She doesn't love her tummy-time. 
7. She LOVES being outside.   It's an instant soother for her when she's fussy. 
8.  She also loves being naked, which is a little funny considering this little blurb Cami wrote (at the end of the blogpost) when she was young.  
9. She is starting to grow attached to her special blanky and will hold onto it when she's stressed or upset. 
10. She's got a pretty easy-going personality.  Basically, if she's crying, then she needs something.  



Stay tuned for more Lucie updates in the future!  

 

No comments:

google analytics