Tuesday, March 7, 2023

A Weekend in March

My life with my kids all grown up is decidedly not very exciting, however I feel like it's still fun to look back at the happenings of our lives, whatever stage we happened to be in.   Here's a look at the first weekend in March at our house along with a little life update at the end....

FRIDAY:  I very much look forward to Facetiming with Lucie and Cami as often as they have time for it.   Lucie is very interactive on the phone and it makes me incredibly happy to be able to have conversations with her and feel a connection, despite living across the country from each other.  This screenshot was from a silly moment when  Lucie and I were showing off our sunglasses to each other.   

SATURDAY:  We took a 5 mile hike into Provo Canyon, while Ellie and Emma spent the morning together in Provo.  There was a strong headwind, which made it verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry cold!   Denali hurt her foot and had to be carried for a few minutes, then we let her off leash and she had no trouble the rest of the way back to the car.  She is definitely a bit of a diva!

SATURDAY:   I'm getting more and more done with winter by the day, so I put up my spring decor, so at least I can pretend spring is almost here when I'm inside the house.   



A glimpse of my new Easter wreath, which I will keep indoors for another couple weeks in hopes that it doesn't get snowed on...


SATURDAY:  Made and printed a flier for the RS Birthday celebration this week.  At the point of writing this post (before it happens), I am feeling quite stressed about it! 

UPDATE:  It was the activity that has taken the most time and effort and is the one that the fewest people have attended.  Execution went smoothly, but it still sort of feels like a bust. 

Got half-way through a book before realizing that I read it several years ago.  That rating on Goodreads was my rating from 15-years ago and I didn't like it any better this time around.   It was the 8th book I've read in 2023. 


Also....Ellie, Emma, and Glen met at a theater to watch the new AntMan.   I opted to stay home and get some things crossed off my list. 

Also...Spencer is in Virginia visiting old friends for a few days, so we are on triple dog duty, which means I have had a triple shadow following me around all weekend!   Kiwi will be very very happy when he gets home.  

SUNDAY:    Glen smoked chicken for dinner and I may have gotten a little carried away with the sides.... #fastsundayproblems

Besides the smoked chicken, we had lemon brussels sprouts, kale salad, mashed cauliflower, and a low-carb zucchini/cheese bread.  Ellie made some flourless peanut butter cookies made with coconut sugar.  It was exceedingly delicious! 

ALSO SUNDAY:  Got a text from a good friend (Jen B.), who said she'd just gotten this text from her friend in Oregon, where Adam and his companion had just had dinner.  It made me smile! 

MONDAY MORNING:   It's not really the weekend anymore, but I couldn't resist throwing on one more picture from our morning walk, which  left me with snow on my nose and eyelashes.  I literally cried  a few minutes after this picture was taken when I saw a friend's post about the  cherry blossoms in Virginia.  #notoneofmyfavoritethings

  I'll be honest, my perspective on life has been pretty down and discouraged lately.  I am quite tired of the winter, I still haven't found closure with the stressful incident that happened with my calling (ie she still won't talk to me), I'm worried about being in transition again with Glen's job, and I haven't felt like I've fit in somewhere for a very long time (basically since leaving Virginia).  I know my life is very blessed and I really am trying to embrace the good, but I miss feeling known/liked/wanted.   

Here's rooting for brighter {and warmer} days ahead!  

No comments:

google analytics