Friday, October 13, 2023

Fall Splendor


Fall has always felt like a time of new beginnings for me, even more so than the actual beginning of a new year. I think it partially has to do with the fact that the advent of a new school year generally brings with it a new schedule to work around, which gives me the opportunity to re-establish good habits that I often let fall by the wayside in the summertime, but that's definitely not all of it.     

I love all the seasons for different reasons (except maybe winter, which I only tolerate), but I think fall might just be my favorite.    I  really, really love the glorious fall weather when I can turn the AC off, but before I have to turn the heat on.   And the beauty of the earth as it enters into the autumn-mode is an absolute delight to my senses. 

Last week we decided we needed to take a drive into the mountains and see the aspens in their peak colorful beauty. 
An East Coast tree cover it is not....
but I do have to say that Utah did pretty well for itself this fall. 

The beauty took my breath away and I wished I could freeze the change of seasons right here and make it last another month or two...

 But  I already turned my heat on this week...and  took my morning walk in  brisk sub-freezing temps today...and noticed that the snow in the mountains isn't melting right away....I was reminded that winter is on its way.  

And it's probably not that far off. 😐

 

 


No comments:

google analytics