Monday, June 8, 2015

Trudging Through

So, I'm not blogging much, because truly our heads are barely above water right now.   I totally forgot how over-the-top stressful this time of year is, especially with a graduating senior.   There is stress oozing out of the walls of our house right now and I cannot wait to be able to relax a little.... maybe in August. 

I've been working on this blogpost on and off for two straight weeks and it's still not done, but since I don't want to get any further behind, I'm publishing it as is.    No video.   Nothing funny.   It is what it is.  


My little girl is graduating from high school in a couple of weeks.   

As per Vienna Ward youth tradition, we recently had a "senior roast" to honor all of the graduating seniors.  

This year we honored Katy H, Cami, and Kaili E. 

Each senior's family set up a display table featuring some important items from their lives.    Here's a little glimpse of Cami's table.   

And a close-up of some of the items....


We estimate that we had about 70 people in attendance...


We fed them an easy summer-style dinner of BBQ pork sandwiches, potato salad, coleslaw, and a vegetable platter.   We had easy finger foods for dessert.  

We played a Jeopardy game with questions the seniors had answered in advance.  It was a fun time-filler, since we didn't have as many seniors as we normally have, and it was a great way to get to know each senior better.   


After that was the highlight of the evening, when  each family presented a slideshow and told stories about their senior.    I eventually will  try and publish her slideshow here, but seeing as I've been trying to get it web ready for 2 weeks now and I'm still not done, I'm going ahead and publishing it without.   

Lastly, the seniors gave their "Last Will and Testament" where they bequeathed items and talents to other members of the youth.   It's always funny to hear what's important to them and to hear the youth's reactions when something is left to them.   One of Cami's favorite bequeathals was the baby of her Sunday School teacher, whom she left to two other nurturing YW who were always fighting for a turn to hold him.  The two girls literally squealed in delight when they realized there would now be one fewer baby-holder to fend off.  :) 







1 comment:

R said...

That is so cool. The whole program looks amazing. Wish I could have been there. Love that the girls get so excited about holding a baby. And I love her poetry.

google analytics