Monday, April 24, 2023

Ramblings of an {Almost} Old Lady

Guess what?!    This is the last blogpost I'll ever write as a 49-year-old.    

Next week, I'll probably have dentures, hearing aides, white hair, a cane..and be calling everyone "Sonny".   Don't remind me that I already have the white hair part taken care of.  

So, if anyone happens to see my grandbaby Lucie anytime soon, I have a super important assignment for you...   You need to ask Lucie what an elephant says.   Then ask to see her belly button.    And then ask her where her eyebrows are.  And then ask to meet her Bear Friend.  The synapses in her brain have been connecting like crazy lately and she is a hoot!    She's learned how to say "eyebrow" and "happy" while I've been on the phone with her in the last week.   I'm pretty sure she is the smartest AND cutest baby in the universe.   Or at least equally cute/smart as  all my kids were!  

I am a little jealous that Glen gets to spend a week babysitting Lucie next week.   I will be heading on a long-planned trip to Virginia to give Ellie the Mormon Prom experience, but I wish I could go straight to Alabama afterward instead of coming home.  But school.  Ellie still has a few weeks left, so we probably shouldn't keep her out too too long.    As it is, she is missing 3 days for our Virginia trip. 

Speaking of Virginia trips....it only took about 12 hours and 50+ dress try-ons before Ellie FINALLY found the prom dress she wanted. 


It got so bad at the end, that I was ready to walk out of the store insisting that she wear the dress she wore to Sweethearts' Dance.  But apparently that would have been a mean-mom move.  I mean what kind of mom makes their daughter wear the same expensive dress twice?!  It's not like anyone in Virginia has seen it before.🙄     

One thing is for certain....I'm very happy to be done with the prom dress stage of life.  Have I mentioned lately how much I hate shopping?  

On a totally different note....guess how I am celebrating my 50th birthday?!  I went out to lunch with a couple friends this past week {one of whom knew it was my birthday, one who didn't} and I've got some fun things planned with my family, but, for the most part,   I don't want anyone to know it's my birthday.  It has nothing to do with not wanting to acknowledge my increasing age, but  I think I've figured out that I have an intense fear of insincerity, so not advertising my birthday on social media means that anyone who wishes me happy birthday actually knows me enough to make a note of my birthday....or reads my blog, which means  you are officially awesome.

In any case, I'm throwing a "perfect date" cookie party instead and absolutely not mentioning that it's my birthday.  


I sent this invitation along with a link to the "perfect date" clip on Youtube.  Yeah, yeah.  I'm so hilarious and I'm sure I'll get even more hilarious once I'm officially old (in a few short hours).  

Are you in town?  Come.  This old lady would love to see you.   And we'll have cookies. 

No comments:

google analytics