Wednesday, May 10, 2023

Ellie's Senior Prom!

It was a little bit of a roundabout story to get here {you can read more about it here}, but Ellie had her Senior Prom a couple weeks ago and I wanted to capture it here on the blog. 

I LOVED her dress, although we had a hard time deciding how to describe the color of it to her date.  I think she ended up telling him it was ivory with light pink and blue shimmers.   He went with an ivory tie.    We made the corsage (since all the florists were sold out completely) with a light pink rose. 


She didn't know her date super well, but she ended up having a very fun time. Their group went on a day-date out to brunch and then to Boondocks.  I don't have any pictures of that part of the day, but here they were in the 12-passenger van everyone was picked up in for the evening festivities.  


Ellie has a sweet group of friends and I love how classy they all looked! 

I seriously love all their dresses!  😍

She found out later that this was her date's first-ever date, so that was kind of a cool honor for her.  

It was yet another milestone for her to pass and one step closer to end of her high school days, which included 2 years of homeschooling, 3 new houses, 4 new wards, and 2 years at a wonderful private school, which was perfect for her.  

Now excuse me while I go have an identity crisis about the kids-living-at-home stage of life coming to an end for me!  😓

**************************************

No comments:

google analytics