Friday, February 16, 2024

Some Firsts...

I was reading through some old blogposts the other day and was reminded of the fact that I used to blog with an effort to be at least slightly creative...sometimes even with a bit of humor.   No more though.  I hate to say it, but I'm not sure my brain thinks that way anymore and I think those days might be gone for good.  I'm just happy to be blogging again and capturing little glimpses into the stories of our lives.    Long story short....this post is about as creative as I do these days. 

*************************************

Here's a look at a few FIRSTS in our family...
 
Ellie went skiing for the FIRST time with her friend Charity.   She ended up with a grand raccoon face because she didn't get the memo about applying sunscreen in cold weather.   It sounds like it was a hit, though,  and she'd definitely do it again.   She also recently started her FIRST ever job and is enjoying that challenge. 

All these pictures of Oliver are a FIRST, because he's our very FIRST grandson and we are a wee bit obsessed. 

I'm especially enamored with the pictures of Lucie and Oliver together.  Such big pieces of my heart right there and I cannot wait to meet him for the FIRST time soon!  


This FIRST side-by-side comparison of Lucie and Oliver wearing the same outfit was fascinating to see.  Lucie was definitely a little scrawnier and had way less hair, but the family resemblance is definitely there!  
I got my FIRST bouquet of flowers in the most Utah vase possible....a Stanley-like cup from SWIG.   The flowers are beautiful and the "vase" is actually far more useful than most vases and I imagine it will get a lot of reuse!    Definitely good thinking on Glen's part!  

I actually don't know if this was Emma's FIRST Galentine's party or not, but it was my FIRST time seeing pictures of one and they made me smile!   It looked like fun and now I want to plan a Galentine's party for next year! 
This was Denali's FIRST grooming appointment where she didn't come out looking totally ridiculous.  It's close to a shave, but not as bad as the last couple times!     We are committed to staying on top of her grooming better in the future, so here's hoping for better hair days ahead for her.  Taking care of  curly hair is no joke! 

I am pleased that, despite my extreme distraction level this past week (writing a talk and having a new grandbaby will do that to me), I am making our FIRST bit of a dent on decluttering our house and beginning the process of potentially selling our house.  It's all still pretty far down the road, but the decluttering needed to happen anyway and I was happy to donate several boxes of clothes and books to DI, 4 boxes of homeschooling books to a new library that's coming to our community, and also to give away a few items on the Buy Nothing group.  Progress is good.
  
On Sunday, I gave my FIRST talk in over 2 years.   There was a point in my life when I rather enjoyed the process of diving into a gospel topic and gathering and sharing my thoughts on it, but I felt VERY out of practice this time around and it was a bit more of a slog.    I did it though, and, while I wouldn't say I necessarily enjoyed it, I didn't hate how it went either.  I got a few texts, emails, and in-person comments after church...some asking for links to resources and quotes, so I guess it was okay at least.   Speaking of which, I received one of my favorite compliments ever after church on Sunday.   One of our Sunday School girls (from when we taught youth Sunday School when we first moved to the ward) came and tracked me down to tell me that she not only liked my talk, but that she really really missed us as her teachers and hoped that we could be her teacher again someday.  It made me very happy!   
 
Yay for lots of FIRSTS!   Have a great week! 
 
 

No comments:

google analytics