Sunday, March 2, 2008

Leaps and bounds

In my years of being a Mom I've noticed that instead of happening in small increments as would be expected, that development often happens in great leaps and bounds in a very short period of time. It seems like a light bulb just turns on in their little minds and they "get it" and they're never the same again.

Recently this "leaps and bounds phenomenon" happened with Ellie. First she shot up about 1 1/2 inches and outgrew all of her 2T clothes overnight (no kidding). Then all at once, she started using the potty independently (yay!), getting herself dressed, recognizing and writing a few letters, speaking more fluently, and most interesting of all...

seriously increased her concentration level. I just can not get over how she labors over her coloring, sometimes spending an hour or more on the same masterpiece.


Here she is, finally completed with her first masterpiece and she can't even look up at me for the picture, because she's started in on the next one.

My baby is not such a baby anymore. :(

5 comments:

Dave said...

Wasn't Adam that way with his artwork, too? I remember him being so much more careful and patient with his coloring than the other 3 year olds.
So fast.

Anonymous said...

ellie is so cute! al

K said...

What an artist! Way to go Ellie! I hope you and Andrew get to color together soon.

mom said...

Wow! she really is growing up. That is pretty amzing coloring for a 2 year old. Ellie is so cute. (And I love her in red.)

Lara said...

eiile

google analytics