Thursday, March 21, 2024

Only in Utah

I am writing up this blogpost today and realizing that I may be the most boring person in the entire universe!   If one of my blogposts lately doesn't have something about hiking, food, the grandkids, or a house project...is it really even me?    Probably not.   This one has 3 of the 4, so you can rest assured that an impostor has not taken over control of my blog, although you may be wishing that were to happen!  😁

On Saturday, Glen and I trekked by  the Lindon Temple, which is currently under construction...
.
WE loved the messages that were chalked onto the trail around the temple...
Only in Utah...😂
We ended up going 8 miles, bringing me to a total of 36 miles for the week...


ON Sunday, I raided Ellie's closet and found something green to wear to church for Saint Patrick's Day.  I also cried listening to a recently returned missionary from Adam's mission talk to our ward.  She's from another ward in our stake, so I didn't know her, but hearing  her speak and share stories about Adam's mission made me miss him all the more.  I awkwardly asked her for a hug afterward, because it helped me feel a little more connected to him to know she'd been  so recently doing exactly what he is currently doing.  
I also made some delicious cookies to share at the Worldwide Broadcast for RS, which they showed at our stake center...
Usually when I make gluten free cookies, they hardly get touched, but I made this sign to go with them and much more got eaten than normal!   😋

Glen stopped for a pit stop to go fishing on his way to Saint George   He didn't catch anything, but it was a beautiful day and he just enjoyed being outside

In the meantime, I am still hardcore purging our house.   I'm listing stuff on our BuyNothing group, trying to sell things on FB marketplace and Amazon, taking regular trips to Deseret Industries, and throwing things away.  Today I listed a bunch of my craft supplies and I'm in a bit of mourning.   They are supplies that have been well-loved for many years, but I have to acknowledge that I just don't use them enough to justify the space they take up.   I'm quite tired of all the work and the mess that decluttering entails, but hopeful that it will all be worth it in the end. 

I'm going to start now thinking of something outside my normal to post next week.   Will I be able to do it?   Perhaps.  Or perhaps I'll just tell you the 3 jokes I know, post about the 5 last books I've read, or start complaining about the weather.  

We shall see! 

PS  Have a great week!  Thanks for persevering through the boringness and reading my blog today!  💗

1 comment:

Glen said...

I love our life together and don’t find it boring in any way! My work journey surely keeps us on our toes, haha. Thanks for keep our story documented in this blog - it’s always so fun to read through it and remember how many blessings we enjoy, even if it is boring some days. I was just sharing some pictures from prior posts (bungee jumping!) and so glad we have this resource! You’re the best!❤️

google analytics