Friday, April 5, 2019

The Random Little Things



Here are a few of the random, little things that have been going on in our life lately (besides house projects):  

Emma got out of bed a few weeks ago, stepped directly on a mouse, and it bit her.   She literally lived my nightmare and I now check the floor every time I get up in the night to use the bathroom!

We watched a cute little raccoon scamper across our roof and dive INTO a hole it had clearly used before.   Inspectors found another raccoon hole on the other side of the house too. Luckily there is no damage in the attic to clean up, so we think he was just an occasional visitor.  We hired a wildlife trapper to take care of it, but there was no evidence that he came even once in the week they had the trap up, so the holes are now covered and we are just replacing the roof ASAP. 


I got a new calling.  I am now the Assistant Director of Public Affairs for our stake.  It's a fun calling that I think I will really enjoy.  I'm not sure how long I'll be able to do it though, if we end up moving this summer. 

Adam is playing rugby.  Every single game or practice there is a new tale of some horrific injury that a teammate or opponent has sustained.   So far he's only sustained bruises and scrapes.

I sent a nice, but firm letter to the bishopric kindly requesting them to send me the information for the programs earlier than Saturday.   And this past week I may have a been a little passive aggressive in my methodologies when they didn't send it before we left town (even after specifically requesting it)....



My sciatic nerve has been a little messed up since our road trip last fall.  It's been especially bad this past week or two and I am taking it easy on the exercise right now. 

I've been having fun helping to teach the middle school earth science class at our homeschool co-op.  I loved earth science as a kid and enjoyed taking a couple geology classes at BYU, so this is right up my alley. I even told people I was going to be a meteorologist most of the way through high school. It's been a little stressful now that we are in home improvement 3000, but overall I have enjoyed the challenge and distraction it is to me.   

Emma is signed up for her housing at BYU!   She'll be living with two girls from our stake and some girls she doesn't know, but who all love to cook and don't like staying up late.   She is getting very excited! 

No comments:

google analytics