Wednesday, November 6, 2019

LDSHE / Emma's Graduation Day

 I keep thinking that I'm done with blogging, then I have some interaction with my family that reminds me that I really really like having a family record of our events and happenings. 

 This is from 6 months ago--May 2019.  

We had spent the previous several months working our tails off to get our house ready to sell.  The morning our house officially went on the market we sat 150 miles away at LDSHE (an LDS homeschooling conference in Williamsburg, VA). 

It was hard not to be distracted by all the texts seeking permission to tour our house and watching the views and favorites go up on Redfin and Zillow, but it was certainly refreshing to be away from it all.  At that point, all we could do is sit back and see what happened.  

We enjoyed the opportunity to get to know new people and be inspired by enthusiastic and faithful people following a similar path less traveled with their families....


Cooking had really gone on the back burner while we were getting the house ready to sell and I'm a little embarrassed to admit how often we used UberEats to order take-out, so I enjoyed being away from home and eating good food and not worrying one bit about the mess we were making. 

Our favorite part of all was the opportunity it gave us to  officially celebrate Emma's graduation from our homeschool.


It was a refreshing few days and so fun to share in the joy of Emma's accomplishment. 



These two cute homeschool graduates are now roommates together at BYU.



I'm so grateful for the wonderful friendships we've made in this journey of homeschooling. 
And grateful for the opportunity to be inspired each year. 

************************

No comments:

google analytics