Friday, November 1, 2019

Cheap and Semi-Spontaneous Trip to Utah (April 2019)

One fine day I found super cheap tickets to Utah. 

They weren't the greatest tickets (meaning that they had a couple of stopovers and inconvenient timing), but they were cheap enough that it was worth those inconveniences!

 Plus, airports make great places to do your contortions....

We loved being able to spend Spencer's 24th birthday with him...

And just loved being there with him in general...

We even flew Cami there from Texas, so that we could have all the kids together (a rare happening these days).  We were only missing Glen, who couldn't take time off of work. 

Ellie found that contortioning in Utah is just as fun as contortioning at home. 

A big part of the reason we came was to help my parents get their house ready to rent out while they were on their mission.  We did find plenty of time to play too. 

I enjoyed hanging out with Heather....

And running into old friends (which seems to always happen in Utah)!


We ate lots of good food together (getting ice cream is a family tradition when we are away from home)...

And the kids just really enjoyed being together. 



Cami had to leave before Spencer's birthday, so we did the best we could on making his cake in her absence.


And we took him out for a good birthday dinner!


There was a whole lot of cat cuddling going on with certain members of our family...


And there may have been a bunch of silliness too...



Also, it snowed...in May.   It made me glad that we live somewhere that snow in May is highly unlikely.
We loved spending time with my parents (although I don't think they liked how ruthless I was with decluttering their house)...
We also loved spending time with my Nana...







It was a great trip and the perfect way to get away from house selling stress, even if I was pretty much doing the same thing at my parents' house as I'd been doing at home!  haha!



No comments:

google analytics