Thursday, November 11, 2021

November Life {via a letter written to our missionary}

 11/7/21 (letter written to our missionary)

Dear Emma, 

Oh man!  It's the first night of Daylight Savings Time and I'm STILL getting off to a past 10:00pm starting time on your letter.   

BUT...I have a good excuse....I've been working on the Christmas card for this year.   haha   

Actually though...it's true and I'm very excited about it.   

I'm still working with the Etsy artist who did the portrait to get Adam's and Cami's hair color adjusted, but overall I'm very happy about it.   I think the likenesses for Dad and I are the least life-like, but overall I'm thrilled that we'll have a picture together in a year that we can't actually be together.  

Right now the plan is to get it printed sooner rather than later, so I can beat the Christmas rush.  Then I'll wait to send it out until Lucie is born, so I can include information about her arrival in the letter.   Speaking of Lucie's arrival.....IT'S GETTING SO CLOSE!!!!! I'm rather excited about it!    Ellie's disappointed that I commissioned this  before we knew about Denali, but I plan on adding something about her in the letter too.   We shall see!  

Here's a close-up of the tag I created for the portrait.  You know just in case you always wanted a digital version of your tag.  


On a completely different note, here's a gorgeous sunrise we saw this past week.  The Alpine City Cemetery is about a 5 minute walk from our house and I am enamored with the view from atop the hill there (where this picture was taken).  

On another another note, my mom gave me this picture that I drew when I was 10-years old.   It was funny, because as soon as I saw it I remembered the book where I drew my inspiration from.  Here is my picture next to my inspiration!  I know, I know.  It's amazing and everyone should be jealous of my mad art skillz. 

I'm just going with random thoughts tonight...

Here's the latest picture of Denali.  She's quadruple her birth weight, is walking around now, and is all around pretty darn adorable.   


We finally celebrated Adam's birthday this weekend.  We took him out for dinner (he picked Pad Thai for his birthday meal), watched the new Marvel movie (it was okay), and found our new Utah ice cream (Brookers Founding Flavors)!  

Also, check out the bros' matching outfits!  Spence wouldn't allow me to take a "real" photo of them, but I thought this one captured their matchedness pretty well.  Both Spence and Adam were quick to inform us that their similar attire was definitely just a serendipitous coincidence, because, you know, matching on purpose is for wusses and their mom. 

Here is the birthday cake Ellie made for Adam.  Garbanzo bean chocolate cake with raspberry frosting and chocolate ganache between the layers.  YUM!!!

Alright, I promised Dad I would be ready for bed by 11:00pm, so I guess I should check out for now.  I hope you had an amazing week!   WE LOVE YOU!!!! 

Love, 
yo momma 

No comments:

google analytics