Thursday, November 25, 2021

Thanksgiving 2021 by the NUMB3RS

THANKSGIVING 2021 BY THE NUMB3RS

It's been a long time since I remembered a special event by the NUMB3RS and Thanksgiving seemed like the perfect opportunity to do it again! 


39-
  How many guests we were originally planning for

7- people who ended up canceling their flights

11-  How many guests we actually had 
(me, Glen, Ellie, Adam, Spencer, Hyrum (Adam's friend from VA), mom, dad, AnnaLisa, Heather, Tim)

1False positive rapid covid test last week that officially scared off most of the expected guests 

6- subsequent negative PCR tests (between the 3 of us) to reassure the rest of the guests (including Spence and Adam) that it was okay to spend time with us

5pies total
(apple and blueberry made by me, peanut butter made by Ellie, chocolate fudge made by AnnaLisa, and pecan made by Marie Callender) 

I definitely have not perfected my gluten free pie crusts yet!   They were still delicious, but decidedly much less pretty than my gluten-filled ones of past years.

3-
ish hours that Glen smoked the turkey for.  It was delicious! 
He spatch-cocked the turkey this year and was very happy with the results

12
- other yummy items on the menu
(gluten free rolls made by me, cranberry tip top "salad" and spinach salad made by Adam, green beans made by Ellie, smoked turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing, and gravy made by Glen, ham and sweet potato casserole made by my mom, glutenous crescent rolls  made by AnnaLisa, and broccoli salad made by Nana)

My gluten free rolls turned out well enough that I was not the only one eating them, which is not a small feat considering there were also homemade gluten-filled crescent rolls available!  😆

2
-phone calls with our missionary!  She got well-fed today and was excited to tell us about a baptism on Saturday.  


4 -boys excited to have someone else to play Magic with (Spence had already left when I took this picture)


3 - full loads of dishes + a bunch that were washed by hand!  Glen, bless his heart, did most of them.
1- very full mama who is ready for bed! 
We missed Emma and Cami being here, but overall it was a great day!


HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!
Thanks for caring enough to read my blog!

No comments:

google analytics