Wednesday, December 1, 2021

The Last Week or So (via a letter written to our missionary)

 My letters to Emma end up being a pretty good summary of what's going on in our lives, so I figure they make good blog posts too.  Here's the latest....

LETTER WRITTEN TO OUR MISSIONARY 11/28/21
******************************************

Hola to our favorite Missionario!
Okay, so what's the scoop on transfers? Are you staying or going? How do you feel about it?

{She's heading to a Spanish YSA ward for the last transfer of her mission. She's excited and nervous.}

Also, did your baptism happen on Saturday? I didn't see anything on the mission FB page, but I assume that that's not a definitive way to know if something happened or not. 😄

{It did not happen, however she is hopeful that it will happen soon.}

Hope you've been enjoying the plethora of food you've received this weekend! We are happily making our way through leftovers, including all the pies. The only stuff we have left is the healthy stuff...haha!

I feel like we don't have as much to say this week, because we talked to you on two days, but here are a few things.

Today was our last day in the Nth ward. {...} We already talked to the new Bishop and don't you worry....we'll make sure you get a homecoming talk in the new ward {since she never got a farewell talk thanks to COVID and a move}! :)

On the bright side, I had absolutely NO idea that this ward change was coming and I started a book group. We are going to have a cookie exchange in a couple weeks to launch it, then get started with reading books for January. I am a little nervous about putting myself out there like this, but hoping it will mean finally finding some local connections.

Tonight we had Buddy, Debra, Hannah, and Isaac over, along with my Mom, Dad, AnnaLisa, and Tim. I was bit stressed about it beforehand, but it turned out well. We had turkey tacos with the leftover turkey, Adam made double chocolate cookies, and Ellie made a delicious fruit salad.  😛

We took Adam back to BYU this evening and he's already off hanging out with his friends.
 
He and Ellie had a lot of fun together and I think that Ellie is in a bit of withdrawal. Both he and Ellie are gearing up for getting back to school tomorrow and Dad is heading to the office for the first time since Ellie's been sick. I frankly have enjoyed having the more laid-back schedule for the last week-and-a-half and am probably dreading 'reality' as much as they are.

Oh yeah, Dad and Adam went fishing together on Strawberry Reservoir on Saturday....they caught 8 fish! 


{...}This part was a repeat from another post


Oh, and guess what we did on Friday?

We dog-sat for Denali and all her siblings for several hours, so the Moores could go to a family activity. It was definitely an adventure and I left there with the distinct feeling that I never want to breed puppies. haha!

Well, this week involves trying to get as much Christmas prep done as possible, including paying bills and shopping, so that I can go meet Baby Lucie next week!

Here's a talk I read in my personal study this week:
https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/study/general-conference/2021/10/29stevenson?lang=eng

I loved how he talked about the 4 aspects of the gospel and shared examples of how people were living them. What have you read lately?

LOVE YOU!!!!!
Love,
Mom

No comments:

google analytics