Sunday, December 19, 2021

Gigi Life (letter written to our missionary)

LETTER WRITTEN TO OUR MISSIONARY    12/19/21

****************************************

HOLA and FELIZ NAVIDAD, HERMANA!!!
I am writing this email from balmy Austin, Texas. It's only in the 50's here, but compared to Utah lately, it feels balmy! I'm here with Dad, Adam, and Ellie and we are just here for a super quick trip. Spence wanted to come too, but ticket prices jumped quickly after we made our plans, so it didn't work for him to come on this trip. He is hoping to join you on a visit sometime in January. :)

This was the original trip we planned for everyone to come meet Lucie briefly before Christmas (since it's not our turn to spend Christmas with C&G). I am very much enjoying my Gigi time!

It's been knocking my socks off to travel TWICE at Christmastime, but not actually FOR Christmas. I got our Christmas cards sent off (because that's one of my favorite parts of the season), but that's pretty much the only thing I feel pretty confident about and otherwise I feel pretty scattered. I'm hoping that I don't forget anything significant and that I'll start to feel a little more put back together by the time you get home. Hopefully. 😐

Speaking of Christmas cards....aren't ours AWESOME this year!? I'm quite enamored with how it all turned out and they're going to be extra hard to create next year, because this year's turned out so well. Can you spot ours in the mix?

So, I don't think this was the original plan, but Cami and Garrett ended up blessing Lucie today. I think they decided to do it because we were in town and because it wasn't too hard for Amy and Travis to come up spontaneously. They just did the blessing low-key at Patrick and Aleisha's house (Garrett's aunt and uncle). We were so happy to be here for it. Lucie wore the same dress that Cami wore for her blessing day.






Of course, Lucie May's blessing was the highlight of the week, but here's another glimpse at our happenings over the last week:

Monday--was pretty boring and normal. I ended up running a lot of errands and trying to recuperate from traveling the week before!

Tuesday--I have no idea what specifically I did that day, but I know I stayed busy. I did go to a RS dinner at the church that night in our new ward. I know it doesn't sound that exciting, but it was the first RS activity I'd been to in over two years and I was absolutely thrilled to be in a ward that actually has them. It was so nice to just have the opportunity to chat and be social! Yay for being in another new ward! It snowed a thick heavy wet snow overnight.

Wednesday--Dad had a big presentation at work and Adam finished his first semester finals! They were both happy to be done afterward! Adam also saw the new Spiderman movie a day early and got us all excited to watch it too. We also shoveled A LOT! It was only about 4-inches, but that snow was heavy and wet!





Thursday--I hosted a 'goodie exchange' at our house! It was the first official meeting for book group and I think it went super well. I think it's going to be a great group and I'm looking forward to it. Here are the goodies we got....



And here's a closer look at my Rocky Road fudge, which I think I *finally* got to a good texture and sweetness level...YUM!


Friday
--Dad fixed the chicken coop (that partially collapsed with all the heavy snow), we packed our bags, and left for Austin

Saturday--it was our 28th wedding anniversary and we spent a rainy day in Austin, baking with Cami and snuggling with Lucie as much as possible.

Sunday (today)--we watched church with Cami and Garrett from home and headed to Patrick and Aleisha's for the blessing. This was the goody plate we brought! Rocky Road fudge by me, dipped Oreos by Ellie, gingersnaps by Cami, and peppermint frosted brownie cookies by Cami. There was a gluten free version of everything for me. YAY!!!!

And just because, she's so darn adorable....here's some good Lucie spam for you




Kristina made this ornament for Lucie....


Fresh out of the bath....


More adorableness....


Blessing day....









And in other adorableness....Denali will be a permanent resident in our home as of Wednesday!



I can't wait for you to meet her too!



Well, I hope you've had an awesome week! I love and miss you like crazy!

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!
Love,
Mom


No comments:

google analytics