Thursday, January 5, 2023

Christmas Card 2022

 Anyone who knows me well, knows that I love, love, love Christmas cards. While most people view sending out Christmas cards as a task to do during the years when they have the time;   I actually love every part of the process and make the time no matter how crazy that year is.   I realize that I am a complete anomaly when it comes to this quirk of mine, so please don't take me stating this fact as gloating in any way whatsoever.  In fact, sometimes I even wish I didn't like it so much, because it adds so many items to my to-do list during the holidays and it would be nice to take a year off every now and then.   

Here's what my Christmas card to-do list looks like:

1. design the cards
2. write the newsletter
 3. get the cards and newsletter printed
4. update the address list and get in touch with people who've moved
5. buy stamps
6. address the envelopes
7. write little messages on each one
8.  stuff the envelopes
9. bring them to the post office
10.  wait for the mailbox to fill up.   

Truly, I love every one of the items on that list (even addressing the envelopes).     Yes, I am weird and I know it. 

 I was quite unhappy with the professional photographs we had taken in Hawaii....

 but they were the only pictures we had all together, so I just cut out the background  and went with it.   The back of the card was a last minute add-on that I regretted later, but whatever.... Here is the result:   


I ended up buying a template on Etsy for the newsletter design, which saved me a bundle of stress.   I was informed by pretty much all of my children that they thought me mentioning my hysterectomy in the newsletter was oversharing, but I blame it on feeling rushed and stressed about my surgery.    😑
I found a great local place to get them printed, which made the whole process a little quicker.  

I got the bulk of the cards sent out just before my surgery, then saved family and locals for afterward....



So to sum it all up.... everyone got a homespun card with TMI, a poorly and quickly designed back, and  a photo I didn't really love, but it was worth it for this.... 
   

Yay for Christmas cards!   

No comments:

google analytics