Thursday, February 9, 2023

Hairy Adventures of 2023

In the spirit of capturing moments, I thought it would be fun to show you a glimpse at our hair right now.   Yes, I'm aware that sounds a little odd for a blog post, but the idea formed after our puppy had a pretty traumatic day at the groomer and looks like a completely different dog now.  I figure we'll enjoy looking back at this post and remembering our 2023 hair in all its glory.  

This is Denali --our sweet little mini-goldendoodle.  She is about 16 months old and has only been to the professional groomers once before.  There was also the time last summer when we tried to groom her ourselves, but that was a bit of a debacle and we've been procrastinating going back ever since.    This was taken shortly before her appointment last week, when she was in all of her shaggy and matted glory.

 

This is her now.   She looks like a completely different dog and it's hard not to laugh when we see her coming.  😆Sadly, Spencer's dog, Kiwi, didn't recognize her at first and we had to keep them separated for a few days.   Thankfully the familiar scent of home settled on her eventually and they are now best buddies again. 

Here's my before-and-after--hopefully not quite as humorous as Denali's.  It was my first haircut in 1-1/2 years and I'm loving how light and healthy my hair feels.  My hair hasn't been its natural color in many years, thanks to the early graying gene that runs fiercely on my Mom's side of the family, but I've been trying to be better at keeping up with my roots these days.  I definitely prefer to keep my hair on the long side.


Here's a glimpse of Ellie's cute everyday hair when she went to mutual the other night.  You also get a glimpse of our fridge.  😑



Cami just started her career as a NICU nurse last week, so her hair is extra legit now...

And here's a picture of Emma's that I found in our camera roll.  It looks like she was on her way to church....

Here is Glen's.  He has very few flecks of gray hairs (a fact which makes me very jealous) and he gets it cut once a month or so.   His mother turns 80 this year and her hair is still almost exactly the same shade as Glen's, so he has good hair genes! 


Spencer is the only one of the kids to inherit my dark hair and it appears, at age 27, that he may well have inherited the early graying gene as well.  Sorry, Spence!   He keeps it short most of the time and often sports facial hair too! 


Adam is getting his hair cut once a transfer now, which means his hair is always looking sharp these days! 



And what blog post would be complete without a glimpse at the cutest member of the family?   Lucie has less hair than any of our kids at the same age, but it's starting to come in and it always looks adorable...even when it's sticking straight up! 


How's that for the hairy adventures of 2023?   Hope you're having a great year!  :)




No comments:

google analytics