Friday, February 3, 2023

Off the Rolls and onto the Blog

Most everyone I know has migrated to capturing their life's milestones on social media and I admit that it is a convenient way to share information. Unfortunately I find that staying active on social media is challenging for my mental health and turns into a time-suck that is difficult for me to manage.  I still have social media accounts, which I do use, but mostly I keep it at arm's length and rarely share or interact on it.  Having said that,  I really, really like having stories and pictures combined into one place, so that we can look back and remember how things were in that moment in time.    This is ultimately the reason why I am trying to keep up on the blog again.     For nearly 16 years...holy cow that's a long time...this blog has been there for my family to look at anytime, as well as any of my friends who cares to see what's going on in our lives.  I can share my pictures and stories in  a way that maintains my creative control over the formatting and it is solely mine.  I know it takes more effort for people to find their way here and I frankly like that aspect too.  My life isn't being thrown into anyone's feed of a 100 items for people to press the obligatory "Like" button to show they "care", but it's there if anyone cares to look for it.   😁

So...in the vein of capturing moments...here are some pictures I didn't want to get lost in the camera roll.   Some more pictures from when Cami and Lucie were in town...
I left the house more in the week they were here than I had in several weeks before that and I loved all the girly time we got to spend together, including more visits with Emma (down at BYU), Cami's sisters-in-law, and my Mom and sister, Heather!

It's honestly felt way too quiet around here since they left, but I take heart in the fact that we will be seeing them again in a few weeks!  I am already eagerly looking forward to it. 

In the meantime, our weekly Facetime calls with Adam will have to suffice for family time!


I love our family! 💗💗💗




No comments:

google analytics