Thursday, August 26, 2010

Note to Self:

*Next time I get this bright idea to volunteer to head up a PTA fundraiser for the school that includes buying and putting together 75 school supply kits, make sure I do my research first.  It turns out the all the other schools that I got the great idea from use companies who do all the hard work for them. *

As of today, I'm almost done with my shopping list:

206 composition notebooks
87 pairs of scissors
405 glue sticks
74 boxes of Kleenex
60 containers of Clorox wipes
1,440 pencils
94 boxes of crayons
126 erasers
45 pencil sharpeners
53 highlighters
106 red marking pens
236 folders
etc.
etc.

And on the bright side with all this,  I now know the locations of all the Walmarts in Northern Virginia and I'm pretty sure that you can now call me the School Supply Shopping Expert of the Universe

Need a deal?  Call me.  

13 comments:

Hilary said...

O.
M.
Gosh.
I can't believe you did all that for your school!
Will they even appreciate it?
Doubtful.
But very sweet of you!

Jocelyn Christensen said...

The THINGS WE DO! Good job though...finding and getting to a Walmart in nova is no easy task!!! :)

Mom said...

A huge amount of school supplies. Sure hope you get some help putting them into the school kits. I am constantly amazed at all the things you accomplish.

annalisa said...

You're amazing Lara! That is a heck of a lot of stuff!

Lisa @ Pulsipher Page said...

Whoa, now that's some impressive back to school shopping!

GG said...

And I have to mention that if you live in No. VA and happen to need composition books, you may want to look somewhere other than WalMart (yes, ANY WalMart in the greater No. VA area!) since Lara has been cleaning them out for a week (although they have been pretty good about frequently re-stocking)!

Mirien said...

Yes, I'd like to place an order for 5 school supply kits, please. Can you ship them out as soon as possible?

Steve said...

Oh it is so good to be a WM stockholder! Thanks for single-handedly keeping the stock price so high WaWa.

K said...

That's a crazy amount of work Lara. I have no idea how you do it all! You are AMAZING!!

BTW, when do I get to see pics of your completed basement? (o:

alexandra said...

So did you have to sharpen all of those pencils? Can that count as service hours for your Scout?

alexandra said...

One more thing, please tell me you're getting reimbursed for gas!

Jenny said...

Oh. My. Goodness.

Deanne said...

I'm a little behind on the blog checking...This is what our school used to get their school supply kits: http://schoolkidz.com

google analytics