Sunday, August 8, 2010

Straight Out of the Cabbage Patch

No I'm not talking about one of these....

And definitely NOT another one of these...

But rather one of these....


Emma received it as a small seedling from school and nurtured it from near death, feeding it a special diet of Dr. Pepper after seeing a science project about how it can give a temporary boost to a struggling plant.  She fought off cabbage worms which devoured the outer leaves, but did not touch the actual head.  Then on Thursday she plucked it straight out of the garden, ran it top speed into the house... 

Where we made it into the best doggone coleslaw in the history of the universe. 

9 comments:

Grandpa-Grandma said...

Very cool that Emma can grow a cabbage all by herself. What a green thumb she must have. Wish I could have had some of the best coleslaw in the universe.

Love the new glasses.

Jocelyn Christensen said...

Good girl!

alexandra said...

I think I see a couple of green thumbs on Emma!

melissa said...

wow! that's pretty impressive and what great experience!!

emma said...

it was fun growing it (my friend told me to use Dr. pepper because she did a science project and i saw a different science projectthe same as my friends).

Meeks said...

That is so great! It is so rewarding to see something edible grow out of something that was so small!

annalisa said...

Good job Emma! That's awesome that you were able to bring the cabbage back to life and then enjoy eating it :) I also wish I could have tried some coleslaw!

Aitch said...

Way to go Emma! I have some flowers in my front yard that are dying . . . do you want to come nurse them back to life for me?!

K said...

Great job Emms!

google analytics