Thursday, June 21, 2012

bone marrow results and random pictures

Spencer's doctor called today and let us know that the results of his bone marrow biopsy are back   and  it looks totally and completely and 100% free of leukemia cells!   We are thrilled with the happy news that he remains in remission and hope and pray that it continues forevermore!   He celebrated by mowing lawns with his friend in the 100 degree heat to earn money.

While Spence was sweating buckets, my sisters, sister-in-law, Emma, and I went shopping to buy some clothes for our family pictures on Saturday.  I'm not such a fan of shopping (yes, I'm weird that way) and weirdly got choked up twice while walking through the mall.  Once when I  saw the big St. Jude's sign with a picture of a young cancer patient on it and once again when I met two people wearing t-shirts showing support for one of Spencer's hospital buddies with AML who is not doing well.  

Other than being a little blubbery, I do have to say that I enjoyed the fact that the mall was downright quiet compared to the hubbub of the ten kids that were hanging out at our house all day.  Thanks to Glen, Aitch, Cami, Dad, and Tim for taking care of the kiddos!   :)

Besides the shopping trip, us four sisters have also been staying up too late and having lots of fun together...  

I love my sisters! 






11 comments:

Katie said...

So happy to hear the good news!

Reynolds Rundown said...

This is wonderful news!!!!!! So amazing he is up and mowing lawns already! We are planning a visit up to Vienna soon and I really hope to see you guys! Have a wonderful time with your family!

Candice.kulbeth@gmail.com said...

Wow! We who have enjoyed good health haven't had the stamina for physical activity in this heat! Go Spencer! And hurray on the biopsy results!

Lisa @ Pulsipher Page said...

Great news about Spencer! How fun to have your sisters visiting.

Deanne said...

Such great news!!! How wonderful to have your family around as well. How fun!

Charlene said...

that is great news!! Have fun with your family!!

Anonymous said...

GREAT news!!! Soooo happy for your family & will continue to pray for GREAT news everytime :)

JP said...

Terrific news!

G-Ma D said...

I'll introduce myself, I am Linda Nielson's mother and have been following your blog everyday. We are so happy for your family...you are a inspiration to everyone.

Annette said...

What wonderful news! Hope your talks went well today.

April said...

Love the news--congrats.

google analytics