Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Normal (?) Life

A couple of weeks ago I daydreamed about post-hospital life with great longing.  I was simply busting at the seams to be out of the hospital and to go back to being normal again. 

Too bad I didn't remember that being normal in June means 247 things to do on the calendar each week.  Between end-of-school-year awards ceremonies (at both schools), band concert (Emma), strings concert (Cami), invasive dentist appointments (Glen), choir concert (Emma), piano recital (Emma),  nightly swim practice (Emma and Adam), end-of-year parties (Ellie, Adam, Emma),  sports award ceremony (Cami), helping Cami launch her summer cupcake business (email me if you want a flier), routine doctor check-ups (Cami and Emma),  youth conference fireside (Spencer and Cami), seminary advancement fireside (Spencer and Cami), a seventy mile relay race (Glen), the 22-mile walk to the temple (Emma and Cami)....

all the while trying to get back into the exercising routine, helping the kids to be somewhat social, preparing for family to arrive this weekend, digging out of our laundry piles, and taking Spencer to his check-ups....

I think I'm looking forward to the kids being out of school as much, if not more than,  they are.

*****************************

And for your entertainment....

I hereby present Spencer and cousins' hospital outtakes








**************************


"Don't say you don't have enough time. You have exactly the same number of hours per day that were given to Helen Keller, Pasteur, Michelangelo, Mother Teresa, Leonardo Da Vinci, Thomas Jefferson, and Albert Einstein."                             Unknown


but I bet none of them had five kids...




5 comments:

Ashley said...

Good luck with summer plans - and I hope you find some time to enjoy and relax!

I like your quote at the end of this post - and your comment about 5 kids! :-) I only have 1 baby, I can't even imagine her times 5. I've said it before and I'm sure I'll say it again - "You're awesome!"

Katie said...

Laughing out loud at your commentary of that quote!

Twinkies said...

Those are some funky looking kids. I bet their parents are so proud.
It seems like the older the kids get the more of a personal assistant/ cab driver I've become. Maybe I should have trained my kids to not be so sociable.

PP said...

Those are some crazy cousins! We are all excited that Spence is home.

annalisa said...

I love the pictures of Spence and the kiddos!

google analytics