Friday, March 8, 2013

A few things I learned this week..


 1.  Meteorologists are insanely incompetent and seem only interested in trying to hype / scare everyone into watching their station.  Seriously.   We got a hugely hyped forecast that predicted an 8-10+ inch snowstorm that ended up barely covering the grass and was mostly melted by the end of the day?  Nice. 

On the bright side, the kids got a day off of school, which meant they got to go sledding for the brief amount of time there was snow on the ground and build a snowman that met a soggy demise in the rain within an hour of building it.    I am now officially ready for springtime.  


2.  Doing Mad Libs with a 10-year-old boy can be pretty hazardous to your good senses. 



3.  Emma is an awesome planner.  She spent about 12-hours planning, shopping for, and preparing the food for New Beginnings.  She's using it as a 10-hour value project  for Personal Progress.  Look at how cute those Lorax Cupcakes turned out!!!!



4.  Being out of routine wears me out!  With one snow day, a 2-hour delay, Glen out of town, and kids home sick for 2 days, we are  living life on the edge of insanity.   I need some sleep and my weekend night owl teenagers don't seem very intent on letting me get it! 

5. Glen has really gained traction with his Team in Training momentum and might actually reach his $10,000 fundraising goal.  I am sad to admit that I was skeptical at first that he could do it, but he's soooooo close.  His marathon is next week


*********************************

Random interesting tidbit:
Here's a link to a recent article written about Glen and Spencer.  As Glen's marathon nears, interest in Spence's story is starting to pick up.  They've got a couple more interviews this week. 


***********************************

3 comments:

Mika said...

Howdy Stranger!

I've started writing on my blog again and visiting blogs as well...so I had to stop by your one of course!!

Loving the cupcakes! My oldest is in young women's! Tomorrow she is giving her first sacrament talk...we will be rooting for ya!

I so hear you about routines. I was sick the first week, then I had sick kids for the second week. I can't wait to get out of the house!

xoxo

annalisa said...

Yeah that snowstorm was pretty dang wimpy.

Good job Emma on the planning with New Beginnings. Those cupcakes look awesome!

Madlibs is pretty awesome! It's a fun way to learn the parts of speech.

That's awesome about Glen almost making his goal!

annalisa said...

P.S. I just realized I used the word awesome a lot in the previous comment. Oops ;)

google analytics