Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving

In a few short hours it will be Thanksgiving.
The fridge is full, but I have not yet cooked one single item.  
In fact, tonight we ordered pizzas, Ellie had friends over who were having so much fun
that I totally forgot to pickup Adam at his friend's house.  I felt horrible for arriving
 over an hour late to get him, but somehow
neither he, nor his friend, nor his friend's parents seemed to mind much at all.  
I, however, felt like a complete spacehead.

It's been very rainy and cold here the last few days and I have been feeling a little stir crazy
and out-of-sorts.  I ran errands for three hours in the pouring rain/sleet/snow today, 
just to get out of the house for a while.   Unfortunately my time did not end up as
productive as I'd hoped and I finished up feeling as frustrated as I began.  
I, for one, am very much looking forward to the opportunity to sleep in a little 
for the next few days and am hoping that getting more sleep takes the edge off my edginess.  

Tomorrow I am cooking the turkey, making sweet potatoes, baking a pie or two,
and making a salad, but we are not hosting.
My brother and his family bought a beautiful new house a few months ago
and we are excited to enjoy the day with them at their home.  

As we  head into Thanksgiving in a few minutes now, I would like to
take this opportunity to thank each of you for your friendship and support. 
Glen and I are not the greatest at expressing/showing how we feel, 
but we truly are thankful for each of you! 

We have also been specifically thankful lately for reliable cars, warm blankets, a good read-aloud book about gratitude that I've been reading with the kids, nice friends who don't judge when I show up an hour late to pick up my kid, our awesome homeschool co-op, our faith, and especially for the opportunity we've had to have our entire family be all together again.   Truly we are blessed.

Happy Thanksgiving to each of you!

*************************

...now let the Christmas carols begin!!!!

No comments:

google analytics