Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Four Things....

Glen's been working long hours the last couple of weeks. We are hoping that the long hours are temporary and will eventually lead to more opportunities later, but right now I am just tired and wishing for more time with my hunny!  Today I was feeling particularly discouraged at how little we've seen of him lately and I decided that I  needed to stop being negative and instead refocus my thoughts and remember some of the many things we have to be grateful for right now.  This list could be a mile long, but here are a few that popped into my head tonight:

1.  These amazing young women who are busy from morning until night and yet still make the effort to come to mutual on Tuesday nights!  Tonight we made fleece blankets and headbands for Inova Fairfax Children's Hospital (the place where Spencer stayed for 6 months during his treatment for leukemia).

2.  Four-day weekends where we can sleep in past 5:00am and enjoy the opportunity to spend time together with the kids outside in this gorgeous autumn weather!

3.    Cousins!    I never had a cousin live within 1000 miles of me growing up and  I love that my kids live near enough to theirs that they are friends.


4.  A kitchen that's almost done!   Only a couple more minor things to tweak, a fridge to install, then just the painting and the floors are left!
Woo hoo! 

2 comments:

The McArthur Family said...

Can't wait to see the kitchen reveal!

Steve-Rosanna said...

Ditto what Jennifer said!!

google analytics