Monday, June 17, 2024

Alpine Poppy Fields

 Shortly after arriving back home from our trip to Ecuador (an entire day later than we expected), we spontaneously decided to visit the famous Alpine Poppy Fields!  


They aren't far from our home, but this was our first time and we just happened across them as we were trekking through Lambert Park and decided to follow the hordes of people. 

Apparently the original owners of Lambert Park (a family by the name of Lambert) planted these in the early 1900's and they still blossom every year. 
 I can see why people come from near and far to see them.
I don't actually know how far people come from, but we met several people from nearby towns at least...

My favorite view was the poppies with the mountains as the backdrop.  
Now that I know where they are, I've already ventured back on a morning walk and they may be a regular stop until they're done blooming. 

We sure do live in a beautiful place. 


No comments:

google analytics