Sunday, September 12, 2010

#1 Cause of All Fights in Our House

⇊⇊⇊⇊⇊⇊⇊⇊⇊⇊⇊⇊⇊⇊⇊⇊⇊⇊⇊⇊⇊⇊⇊⇊⇊⇊⇊⇊⇊⇊

Breakfasts and Desserts...

Sounds weird, huh?
Wait until you hear about what specifically they fight about. 

It's not over who got the bigger portion...
It's not over who has to clean up afterward....
It's not over who got the last one...

The #1 cause of all fights in our house (by a mile) is over who gets to cook breakfast or dessert.

The arguments usually occur between Emma and Cami who now "call" their day to cook several days in advance, but even Adam and Ellie have started to vie for their turns in the kitchen as well.  

Before you say something like, "It must be nice to have kids so eager to cook."   Just remember that I'm trying to keep the weight off and having fancy breakfasts several days a week does NOT help in that matter.  Not to mention the fact, that when I say that they "call" their days several days in advance, I mean that  they usually yell at each other for 5 minutes claiming that it was their turn to make the pancakes that day and that by golly they're going to take their turn the next day.   Then I hear fourteen times before then, "Remember, it's my turn to make breakfast tomorrow..."

And desserts are even worse.  Now that we only have them once a week, it is all-out war over who's cooking and what they're going to cook and whether or not they'll let anyone add any of the ingredients. 

Of course, there is an upside to all this contention interest in the kitchen....

99% of all breakfast and dessert recipes I post on Recipe Shoebox are made by the kids and I can't even remember the last time I had to flip a pancake.

9 comments:

Jocelyn Christensen said...

Wow!

meeks said...

Oh my! After all this time reading your blog, how did I miss that you contribute to another blog about food! I'm excited about trying some of your dishes!

alexandra said...

You must have a well-stocked pantry. :)

Aitch said...

I will be happy to take one of your chefs off your hands!

JenJ said...

It is one of your talents, but yes, I was thinking along Alex's lines....when my kids want to cook, it requires trips to the grocery store and strange ingredients.

annalisa said...

hahaha! This makes me laugh! I'll also be happy to take one of the chefs off of your hands :)

Your kiddos are so funny!

K said...

I think it all sounds hilarious. Fighting over who gets to cook and even Adam and Ellie join in? What an interesting problem to have. Maybe Emma and Cami ought to just sit down and create a calendar of cooking days or is that too much to ask?

Cami said...

I beg to differ! I'll be planning on making something, then Emma comes in and starts screaming then I calmly tell her I had a plan, then she runs off crying, and I do let children help me

Deanne said...

I'm impressed that you are able to keep the pounds off with kids so eager to cook such yummy foods!

[I love Cami's comment =]

google analytics