Thursday, September 9, 2010

Flashback Friday: The Super Stylish Shirt

The Shirt: 

circa 2010 


 


circa 2006



circa 1983


A couple random thoughts:

1.  How is it that homemade clothes can last approximately 27 years longer than the clothes I buy at Kohls? 

2.  These pictures are exhibit A for why my camera was worth every penny.  It's amazing to see the quality difference even in the 2 most recent pictures.

3.  Why can't grown women wear cute loosely fitted shirts like that without someone asking when you're due? 

4.  Whatever money my parents put towards my orthodontic work was money well spent!  



7 comments:

Dad-Mom said...

Interesting that the colors are still so vivid-a good cameral really does make a difference.

Fascinating that so many of your childhood clothes have been passed down to each of your daughters in turn.

alexandra said...

Amen! Amen! Amen! And amen!

Aitch said...

Wow! I'm amazed that the shirt is still in that good of shape after all these years (especially surviving Emma :o) ). Who made it?

You and Nate were adorable!

annalisa said...

I love the pictures! That shirt is awesome! Did Mom make it?

Deanne said...

I'm impressed that you kept the shirt that long and remember to use it too. I tend to keep things, but then pack them up and forget about them.

Totally agree about the camera too. I'm so happy I finally took the plunge and got one too!

JenJ said...

Lara, this is an awesome post and a tribute to your greatness. You will wonder why. That is hard to explain, just trust me. Thanks for being the wonderful soul that you are.
I'd love to hear about homeschooling Cami. email me some time.

Jocelyn Christensen said...

Hilarious!

and so true about homegrown clothes! :)

google analytics