Wednesday, July 20, 2011

The Simple Joys of Summer

Once again I am a little overwhelmed by the myriad of activities that seem to be eating up our summertime.  I had envisioned this summer being a time when I really put my blogging hat back on and started writing interesting posts again, but alas I am not there yet!  So as per usual, here are a few pictures I've taken recently that I felt like really captured the essence of summer.  I love how Ellie will still pose for the camera without complaining and I wish she'd rub a little bit of that off on some of her siblings, so my blog wouldn't look so much like I have a favorite child.  :)  

JOY IS....

Going for a leisurely stroll with a friend....

Trying to catch some minnows in the neighborhood stream ...

Having a pleasant conversation....

Getting a little soaked in the neighborhood stream and not caring a bit....

Running, giggling, and playing....

Splashing down a water slide....

Showing off your sweet swim moves (she got 5th place in backstroke in her last swim meet)....


Holding hands with your new best friend....

Pushing, playing, wrestling....

What are the simple summertime joys you remember from your childhood?  What about now as an adult?


********

3 comments:

Aitch said...

Your photos definitely capture the joy of summer!

One of my favorite summer activities is camping. I love the campfires, the tinfoil dinners, and the opportunity to spend time in nature.

Lisa @ Pulsipher Page said...

Happy kids, nothing better! I loved laying out at the Jersey shore growing up and camping/boating on Lake George for vacations.

Dad-Mom said...

Excellent summary of the childhood joys of summertime. As an adult there is simply too much to do-and far too much to worry about. What a sad indictment of adults-afraid to relax and enjoy. Thanks for sharing these wonderful pictures of your precious children.

google analytics