Friday, November 2, 2012

I Love to See the Temple

One of the things that was high on my list of things to do while I was in California was to visit the San Diego temple.  I had only ever seen pictures of it  before and while every Mormon temple is beautiful, this one was one that I thought was particularly lovely and couldn't wait to visit in person.  

We arrived there in the evening time and I have to say that for as awe-inspiring as it looks in the pictures, it was even more so in real-life.  Wow!  The biggest surprise about seeing it in person was how small the grounds seemed compared to most other temples I've visited.  


A few days later, my sister brought me to the Newport Beach temple, which is significantly closer to her home than the San Diego temple.  It's a newer temple, so I had not seen pictures of it before, but I instantly fell in love with the California mission style architecture and I wished we'd had more time to go inside.  

Any of you who live in the DC area are probably familiar with this temple, which is hard to miss if you're driving along the north side of the beltway.
photo source: mormon.org
Last night I was able to take our ward's youth for a special temple trip there.  Emma, who had just turned 12 the day before, was especially excited to be able to join Spencer and Cami and the other youth there for the special night!    It was a proud moment for me as a mom and I hope that one day that Glen and I will be able to be there with all five of our children. 


PS    It really was an awesome sight seeing all of the youth (including S, C, and E) gathered in the temple and I really wish I'd thought to bring my camera with me! 


****************

Click here to read more facts about Mormon temples, including seeing which temple Glen and I were married in.  :)

***************

1 comment:

annalisa said...

I love temples! They're so beautiful!

I've never seen the San Diego Temple in person, but I hope to at Christmas time when I visit K.

That's cool that Emma can now go. My nieces and nephews are growing up so fast ;)

google analytics