Saturday, July 13, 2013

Beautiful!

I've just returned from 5 days at YW Camp and despite the fact that my body wants nothing more than to collapse into bed right now, I couldn't resist taking a few minutes to blog about a few of the highlights of the week.
It was my first time attending camp since I was a young woman myself  and I was surprised to see from a leader's perspective at the stunning amount of work and effort that goes into making these happen.  However additionally I was also surprised at how meaningful of an experience it was for me as well as for the young women.  


The highlight of the week for the girls was the showing of this video that the young men of our stake had made for them.  It turned out beautifully and it meant the world to the girls.  

The YM kept the whole project surprisingly underwraps and I only found out about the video shortly before it aired....just long enough to pull out my phone and videotape their reaction.  You can't see their faces, but you can certainly hear their reaction when the singing starts!  



Despite my 4 nights sleeping on a cot in a tiny tent, the seemingly nonstop rain, and the long lines for the bug filled showers, I completely adored spending the week with  these amazing young women and I sincerely look forward to attending again next year!  



And now don't mind me while I check out for a long awaited date with my pillow.

4 comments:

Steve-Rosanna said...

Love, love, love your report of YW camp. Although it must have been a long week for you on your little cot, it was even longer for us here not having any of your blogs to read.

The video by the YM is awesome. Loved the YW's reactions.

Ryan and Andrea Anderson were here last night and we shared a lot of stories about you and your sibs and MN. She is getting ready to go on her first ever YW camp as camp nurse and is excited for the opportunity.

Glad you are all back home safely and had a good time.

THanks for sharing!

bantcher said...

Lara: thanks for a great blog post, and thanks for being at camp with the girls!

Bruce

K said...

What a great week! The video is totally awesome!! Is spencer in it?

Unknown said...

Lara, that brought tears to my eyes. My teenage sons thought it was awesome. Thanks for sharing!

google analytics