Monday, December 9, 2013

More Ice Pictures

Here are a few more of my favorite ice pictures from today. 

I took my camera with me and was shooting pictures everywhere we went.  In the grocery store parking lot, at the church, after pulling over on the side of the road, etc.  We were enraptured by the beauty of the glistening icicles and although the temperatures hovered just above freezing all day, I was not disappointed that the ice took all day to melt off the branches.

Now they're predicting  3-6-inches of snow for tomorrow and school is already canceled....an announcement which was welcomed with much rejoicing at our house.


If the forecast actually pans out, it will be the first time in nearly three years that we've had more than 2-inches of snow.   

Ultra-cool ice creations from the ice storm notwithstanding,  the kids are exceedingly excited about the potential of some decent sledding and snowman building.

That and another day to sleep in and you won't find anyone at our house complaining about the weather! 

1 comment:

Charlene said...

Love the pictures!! Makes me miss VA a little more!!

google analytics