Monday, December 16, 2013

Multitasking My Way through Christmas

I'm writing this blogpost tonight while hoofing it on the treadmill.

I should find more devoted time to exercise...
and to blog for that matter,
but this is one of those times that I'm just glad to have a moment
to do either and so multi-tasking will have to suffice. 

My Christmas shopping is probably 70% done, 
which may not sound so horrible (or maybe it does) except
that I have no clue what I'm getting for two of my family members.

Amazon Prime has been my best friend through most of the process,
but some people <cough>GlenEmma<cough> 
just didn't give me much to work with this year.  

One of these days I might actually have to brave the mall.

In the meantime, I just spent this last weekend completely ignoring shopping 
and working on these instead....

Any of you who knows me well, knows that Christmas cards 
are one of my favorite parts of the whole Christmas season.

I love seeing all these smiling faces of friends, old and new, adorning our walls all month.
However I do miss the letters that seem to be going by the wayside
 more and more these past few years. 
Even the impersonal newsletters are seeming to be more of a rarity, 
yet alone the handwritten notes that I treasure! 

Speaking of cards and letters, ours this year are goofy, goofy, goofy.

I figure after last year's super serious card filled with news about 
life-threatening illnesses and unemployment
that I would try for a little levity this year. 

I'll publish it here in a week or two, but in the meantime
if your Christmas card collection is looking a little boring this year,
feel free to request your very own bit of silliness
delivered directly to your doorstep!
email me your address:  goolds@verizon.net

Alright, the kids are making fun of my 24 minute mile pace,
so I guess I'll sign off for now and amp things up to like 3mph 
before I go make some brownies.
**********************************

No comments:

google analytics