Monday, July 9, 2007

Hello Muddah, Hello Faddah! Tales from Scout camp!

Here is the actual letter we received from Spencer while at Scout Camp.

Read the letter, then watch the video. I actually only wanted you to be able to listen to the song while reading, but since it's Harry Potter mania around here (Fairfax, Vienna, and Falls Church, VA are among the "Harryest" places in America according to Amazon.com) I thought this particular video (but especially the song) would be appropriate accompaniment.

Dear Mom & Dad,
I am here at camp right now with all my friends. The merit badges we are taking are; environmental science, canoeing, pioneering, and swimming. I enjoy envi. Sci. and pioneering about as much as fajitas [he HATES fajitas], swimming as much as tortilla soup [he only strongly dislikes tortilla soup], and canoeing as much as tostada salad [this meal’s from Baja Fresh and he Loves it]. The thing I miss most about home is your cooking (the food here comes back to haunt you). The first thing I am going to do is eat all of the REAL food I can find [real food being chips and popsicles]. We just noticed a fox that was probably rabid. By the time you read this I will probably be dead (jk), but we did see a fox. So how are the kids back home? I can’t believe it’s only been two days, it feels like it should be Friday. I have to go.
Love,
Spencer

1 comment:

Aitch said...

You're a funny kid Spence! Love the video.

google analytics