Monday, January 21, 2008

Glen's the One For Me!

Okay, I’ve been tagged by my friend Denise…someone who’s known me longer than Glen has! I figure it should be pretty interesting to read all about our better halves...so anyone who wants to give it a try. Just leave me a comment on my blog when you’ve done it so I can come take a look!


What’s his name? Glen
How long have you been together? Married for just over fourteen years then another 10 months before that
How long did you date? 10 months
How old is he? 36
Who eats more? Glen.
Who said I love you first? Glen. But I readily returned the sentiment.
Who is taller? No question…Glen (he calls me shortie)
Who is smarter? I am loathe to admit it…but this is definitely Glen. Not only does he wins just about every game we play that involves strategy and brains (Scrabble, Boggle, chess, Risk, Settlers of Catan, etc) but he also very down to earth and “street smart” too.
Who does laundry? I wash and dry…he folds. Because I put all the clean clothes on to our bed, he has to fold them before we go to bed! A mean trick? Perhaps, but it works.
Who does the dishes? Traditionally it’s been Glen, but because of his work schedule lately it’s become more the kids and I.
Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? Me (closest to the door to intercept wandering children)
Who pays the bills? Actually we’re evenly split on this one…but Glen ALWAYS balances the checkbook and does the taxes (after all he is an accountant)!
Who mows the lawn? Since Glen spends two days wheezing after mowing the lawn it’s become a three way split between Glen, Spencer, and me.
Who cooks dinner? Weekdays…me. Saturdays…Glen. Sundays…joint effort.
Who drives when you are together? Glen (so I can snooze or read while he drives)
Who is more stubborn? Glen would be yelling, “Lara” right about here!
Who kissed who first? Glen asked me sweetly one night after a date, shortly before our engagement, if it was okay to kiss me. I did not refuse.
Who asked out who first? That would be me.
Who proposed? Glen (September 25, 1993 in Rock Canyon)
Who has more siblings? I do (I have 7 siblings, Glen has 5)
Who wears the pants in the family? I think this would be shared title.

Glen is truly one of a kind and I am grateful for his kindness, love, and support! He definitely brings out the best in me.

4 comments:

Denise said...

Thanks for doing this Lara. I loved learning a little more about your relationship.

I have to say, that I have tried putting the laundry on Troy's side of the bed, but he will just push them over to mine or put them in a chair...I just can't get that trick to work.

Is there another secret?

Mika said...

Glad you had fun doing this tag. I did this one a couple months ago. Can't wait to see everyone elses too.

GG said...

the only one I have issue with is "who asked out who first". Lara likes to believe that she did all the chasing, but that is definitely not the case! Fortunately, I didn't scare her away by asking her on fly-fishing dates!

K said...

I agree that you and Glen are the perfect couple!

google analytics