Friday, January 25, 2008

Our Own Little Dancing Queen



Ellie has a little dramatic streak in her that keeps her laughing, clapping, singing, and chatting through life. I guess I shouldn't have been too surprised when attending our school's night at Chuck E Cheese, that she shunned all of the rides and games and hung out here at the little dancing floor having a wonderful time dancing and making new friends!

And in a related conversation with Spencer:

Spencer: "Mom! We're starting a break dancing unit in PE class!"

Me: "That sounds....mmmmm....interesting."

Spencer: "And we get to dance with girls."

Me: "Wow! How does that work? Break dancing with partners?", as I sit envisioning two twelve year olds trying to synchronize their "Worms" and back spins.

Spencer: "Did I mention we get to dance with girls and the girl I like is in my class?"

Me: "Gym class sure is interesting in middle school. When I was in school we got to square dance to fiddle music."

Spencer: "Square dance?! Oh yeah! That's what it's called. We're square dancing, not break dancing."

Me: suppressing laughter..."Slight difference there."

Spencer (unfazed): "And the boys and girls get to take turns picking their partners each time. I'm going to pick *******"

Me: "hmmmm...Maybe break dancing doesn't sound so bad after all."


4 comments:

Denise said...

I can just picture your face as you think about them learning to break dance...with partners.

I LOVE it!

Kids crack me up.

He's pretty bold to admit his crush to you.

My kids will tell me, but it is a HUGE secret. They don't even want their Dad to know.

BTW, I am using Photoshop Elements 2 and I really like it. I know there are probably more powerful programs out there, but everything I have wanted to do so far, I can.

I'd love to see some of your layouts. Have you posted them before?

K said...

I love Ellie's dancing, but I especially love Spence's story! I laughed so hard!

Steve-Rosanna said...

Inquiring minds want to know, exactly who is *********!

Cute dancing Ellie Belly!!

Love, Grandpa-Grandma

Karey & Matt said...

We are dying of laughter! Break dancing with partners was funny in and of itself, but then the break dancing/square dancing confusion? Too funny!

google analytics