Thursday, December 3, 2009

Flashback Friday: Oklahoma Nightmare

A gazillion bucks to the first non-family member who can determine why my siblings and cousins all look so terrified in this picture (I'm the semi-calm one in the red dress)....


-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-



Here's a hint....

If Ellie had been on my grandparents' steps that day she would have had a much different reaction than the rest of us.
*************************************************************

It was a dog that walked by that induced all that hysteria.  

Way to go Charlene!!!   I'll get working on that gazillion bucks to send you. 


**********************************************************

6 comments:

Steve said...

Of course I know what it was since I took the picture-but I won't give it away.

One of the all-time great pictures ever taken. A classic case of mass hysteria.

Of course, we can all laugh about it now, but back then....

;o)

K said...

I know, I know. Pick me, pick me. (I'm the one screaming in the purple dress.)

Deanne said...

Hmm, I'm taking a wild stab in the dark...could it have something to do with dressed-up tv characters? I know there have been times when I thought my kids would run and hug Dora or others and instead they clung on to my leg with tears in their eyes.

Just a guess!

Charlene said...

was their a dog nearby?

Mirien said...

I was wondering but had no clue. What a funny memory! I love your flashback friday posts--I may steal your idea one of these days, if I ever get around to finding and scanning in some old pictures.

alexandra said...

You know, I hadn't even noticed your dog in the picture with Ellie!

google analytics