Saturday, January 19, 2013

An Open Letter to Adam's Orchestra Teacher


Dear Adam's Orchestra Teacher,

With two cello players in the house, I've sat through a lot of beginning strings concerts before and have never left without a headache and the feeling that my ears were somehow damaged afterward.  There's just something about the scritchy sounds that a beginning strings player makes as they're learning the instrument that is literally painful....both to my ears and to my nerves.  

That is why I just wanted to take this opportunity to say thank you...  


Thank you for listening to this week after week after week (which with the accompaniment playing probably doesn't even sound half as bad as I'm sure the practices do)....


in hopes that they will someday sound like this....



You are a saint. 

Sincerely,
A Mom with Earplugs



2 comments:

annalisa said...

Music teachers rock (No pun intended):) Go Adam!

I love the Piano Guys! They're awesome!

K said...

My kids LOVE the video! Tom loved it too. Wish your kids could play like that. Maybe someday...

google analytics