Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Spontaneity


What do you get when you combine a four-day weekend with a healthy dose of spontaneity?

Here's a glimpse: 

SIX hours of driving....


OODLES of junk food to keep the kids happy and me awake while I drove ( I have to point out that I do not drink soda or have caffeine on a regular basis, so me drinking Mountain Dew meant that I was reeeeeaaaaaalllllly tired, a fact which unfortunately shows up too well in that picture) ....


TWENTY-FOUR hours at an indoor waterpark...


LOTS of friends to play with....

ONE waterproof camera....

FIVE happy kids enjoying the 40 degree warm-up from one day to the next! 

And now we're back home and have ONE kid so worn-out from all the fun that she had to stay home from school to recuperate! 
And I won't lie and say that I've been tempted several times to join her there on the couch, except I have yet to find my way there through all the piles of laundry.

1 comment:

Steve-Rosanna said...

Setting on the terrace of a Riad in the old Medina of Marrakech when I heard Heather chuckling out loud and saying you gotta check out Lara's blog. Then I heard Mom groan and Aitcher laugh even harder!

All I have to say is that you are definitely your father's daughter!

Great post!!

google analytics