Saturday, August 3, 2013

Boston

My family is absolutely in love with Boston.  We visited there in 2007 and they've begged to go back every year since.  I'm not sure what exactly it is--all the historical sites, the charming architecture, the ease of walking everywhere--whatever it is, this trip did nothing to dampen that love and enthusiasm at all.   One of my kids even keeps talking about how he wants to live in Boston someday...something we wouldn't mind at all!  

I left my camera cord at home, which means that I'm blogging by iPhone for a while and the best photos will have to wait.  In the meantime, here's a glimpse of what's made us fall in love....


We went on a  duck tour, walked the Freedom Trail, drove around, visited Boston Common, saw the "Make Way for Ducklings" statue, went to the top of Prudential Tower, and ended the day at Fenway Park for a Red Sox game.  Next we're heading to Lexington and Concord to see where the "shot heard round the world" was fired.  (click on all the links to see how cute and little the kids were last time we were in Boston) 






3 comments:

Valerie H. said...

Oh dear I just got homesick. I walked the freedom trail. II left skin from my knee on Paul Revere's grave. I was stationed In Winchester at the time.

Steve-Rosanna said...

Thanks for sharing your trip. Sounds like so much fun. We love the pics of Ellie driving the Duck boat then and now.

R said...

We drove through Boston so we say we have been there. Like your way of seeing it way better. Maybe someday we will actually visit it.

google analytics