Wednesday, January 28, 2015

A Great Deal!

So, in  my last blogpost I mentioned that we were in California right now.

How did that happen, you ask?  Well, let me tell you!

….it was with great persistence on the part of my sister, Kristina!

She has been really, really, really wanting us to come for a visit for a long time, but with college tuition payments to make, among other things, we weren't really feeling like that was something our budget could afford.

That didn't stop Kristina though.

She checked flight prices on an almost daily basis until something came up that was too good to pass up.   It was a super sale on a super budget airline for only $23 each way.

We figured that with such low ticket prices that the airline would nickel and dime us to death, but even with all fees, taxes, and luggage, etc included, the total for our FIVE tickets still only amounted to the price for one single ticket  on  decent sale on another airline.

Of course, it also involved a red-eye, flying out from the less convenient airport, and flying into an airport that required a 4-hour drive to get to my sister's house.

But, we're here!  

And we couldn't be more excited about it.

Except if Glen and Spencer were with us too.  That would've made it perfect!

**************************

I've already taken a gazillion pictures that I hope to share here soon, but they'll have to wait for another day!  In the meantime, let me tease you with a little weather comparison from here to home and a few snapshots of us taken on my phone!








Fun Fact:   I was born in Northern California.   I only lived there for about 9 months of my life, but I am a Californian by birth!

1 comment:

Shelley said...

Wowzers! Amazing deal! I too compare the weather and temperature of southern California and VA. I still get Vienna weather on my phone. Isn't it nice down here? So not missing having icicles on the INSIDE of my windows!

And funny about your fun fact. I was literally thinking today that Jeremy is likely going to be a Californian for a good chunk of his life but he'll be able to tell people he was born in DC. Opposites!

Have fun in Cali!

google analytics