Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Nate, heirloom shirt, and more

Excuse the poor picture quality (it is from 1983), but here is a picture of my brother, Nate and I back in the day before I had my braces.
Nate is just 13 months younger than me so he's always turning the age I just was, and as it was just Nate's birthday a couple of days ago, and it has caused me to reflect on Nate's influence in my life.
Although I feel like we were always pretty close growing up, I will start off by letting you all know that the very first sentence that Nate uttered was, "Lara did it."
I did get blamed for a lot of his mischief, but he was also my best defender, quick to explain us older kids' side of the story. As we've grown up his enthusiasm and amazing ability to negotiate and actually accomplish things are an inspiration to me.
Of course I would be remiss if I didn't also mention the fact that it was Nate that introduced me to Glen back in the early months of 1993. For that I am eternally grateful. I truly am blessed to have Nate for a brother, and I truly wish him the best on his new adventure to California.
Now scroll back up and look at the shirt I'm wearing in the first photo and compare it to the one Emma is wearing. Yes the picture quality makes it hard to tell, but they are the very same shirt. My mom made it for me when I started kindergarten (and apparently I was still wearing it when I was 10) and now my own daughter is wearing it to kindergarten 24 years later. It's an heirloom shirt.

No comments:

google analytics