Thursday, November 15, 2007

Surprise, surprise!

A couple of weeks ago, my brother Matt called me and told me of a grandiose surprise he was playing on Karey, his wife. He was taking advantage of the Veteran's day long weekend (some people actually get that off apparently) and surprising her with a trip back home to Pennsylvania.

He informed me that there would not be time to come down and visit, but that we could try to meet him half way on their way to the BWI airport. I agreed, but then quickly realized I was completely in over my head that Monday (see previous post as to the reason for my crazy state) and there was NO way on earth I was going to be able to drive an hour and a half to meet him at the battlefield.

So in complete Matt-like fashion...he drives way out of his way and shows up on our doorstep, to spend 30 minutes with us before needing to leave for the airport.

It was a whirlwind 30 minutes with the kids going crazy and jumping all over the two of them. Matt found 2 sacks of potatoes within a minute of walking in the door!


Emma completely enjoying her Uncle Matt time--full of energy and loads of giggling!


Ellie and Adam sharing a quick snuggle with Karey. Ellie wouldn't leave Karey's side the entire time she was here. Apparently she was getting a little bored with her Mom and needed a fresh face to talk, snuggle, and giggle with.


More of Uncle Matt's crazy antics...giant jumps to the ceiling!


This picture just about perfectly sums up the mood in our house during their quick visit.

Thanks for making us feel so loved Matt and Karey!

3 comments:

mom said...

Certainly looks like you had lots of fun in those 30 minutes. It definitely seems like a very nice surprise.

al said...

looks like fun!! that's so cool that they came!

The Six Little Texans... said...

Seeing the kids makes me feel like we were there too. Our family has great memories of our visits. The kids still talk about their stay with you. Thanks for being so great! I love finding your comments on our blog!

google analytics